Design a prefabricated structure for individual shelter.
The design should have the ability to be disassembled and reconstructed.
Use wood as the main material.
• Design will be built at Xi’an Jade Valley.
• Selected winners will receive airfare to attend the Nap Festival 2016 at Xi’an Jade Valley.
• 50 Best Entries will be published and exhibited worldwide.
FEE: FREE FOR ALL ENTRIES
The competition is open to EVERYONE and may be submitted as integrated groups.
PAVILION / SHELTER
• Semi-enclosed for “napping” and semi-enclosed for seating
• Suggested occupancy of 1 to 2 persons
• Minimum dimension: 7315 mm x 3658 mm (24 FT X 12 FT)
• Minimum height of 3000 mm (9.8 FT)
• Roof must be waterproofed for rain protection.
• Walls are not required to be weatherproofed.
• Must have the ability to construct using simple tools (screw-drivers, hammer, etc.).
• Must have the ability to easily construct with few people.
• Must have the ability to be mobile: Installed and re-installed at different locations.
• Must have the ability to adapt to different terrain conditions: flatland, mountain slope, etc.
• Must use STANDARDIZED wood members and metal connectors.
Registration will begin March 15, 2016.
Deadline of Submission: April 30, 2016.
Winner announcement: May 15, 2016.
• Dimension: 420 mm X 594 mm (A2) Horizontal in PDF (2-3 PAGES, SINGLE FILE)
• 300 DPI resolution (for best print quality)
• Label Project Name/Title on each page: LOWER-LEFT CORNER
• Include DESCRIPTION, PLANS, SECTIONS, ELEVATIONS, 3D VIEWS, DETAILS
• OPTION: Exploded axonometric views, material samples, research, etc.
INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS (ADDITIONAL PDF)
• A document with Project Name/Title and COMPLETE contact information (please include email).
• 250 word description and philosophy of design inspiration (ADDITIONAL SINGLE PAGE PDF: A4).
• A brief introduction of each team member. Include nationality, current residing location, etc.
FINAL WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED BY A PUBLIC VOTE ONLINE
Competitors agrees to the following rules and regulations below:
• NAPAVILION Competition 2016 is a global competition. We will globally accept design proposals for a Pavilion to nap in the Jade Valley landscape in Xi’an.
• Design and method of fabrication must be submitted to @ALL by APRIL 30, 2016.
• @ALL will organize the construction of the winning proposal in the Summer of 2016.
• The winning team will be awarded with a round trip ticket to China and lodging at the Wine Dome in Jade Valley and free admission to “Nap” in their designed shelter for one week.
• The base materials must use standardized wood members and metal connectors and accessories. It must have the ability to be installed and disassembled by whole or by parts. It must also have the ability to be re-constructed at different locations.
• 50% of all the Intellectual Property (IP) will be owned by the designer and 50% will be owned by @ALL.
Any profit of the designed NAPAVILION will be split between the designer and @ALL after cost, material labor, and construction.
• 50% of the expenses of each NAPAVILION will be available for crowdsourcing. (150,000 RMB worth of capital)
• Each naptime of 2 hours will cost 100 RMB. Investor will be entitled to 50% of the profit.
• Designers and investors are welcome and encouraged to invest in the fabrication, construction, and installation company.
• The Brand for the design will be “NAPAVILION” for the “NAP FESTIVAL”.